Saturday 9 April 2016

A Toast to the Parents…



So today's blog post is dedicated to my parents, Reid and Aloha Johnson. Being here in Uganda has taught me so much about what it means to be thankful. It has also taught me how blessed I am to have two parents who love God and love their kids as well, and are still together and alive.

The kids I work with on a daily basis do not have that as their story. I have so much to be thankful for in my life, a lot more than I normally think about as being something that DESERVES to be thankful for.

So mom and dad, thank you. Thank you for loving me and giving me to freedom to explore who I am. Thank you for teaching me about God and Jesus' love for me and helping me understand my worth and value in Him. Thank you for supporting me in coming to this beautiful, broken country of Uganda to love and serve others. And thank you for praying for me and giving me as your daughter to the Lord. Not all women can say that that is their life story. But I have been raised to be a strong, independent, capable and loving woman of God because of God's love, and also because of how my parents have raised me. 


I don't often take the time to say thank you, and even though we have had our issues over the years, and I'm sure will have more issues in the years to come, I want to take this time to say thank you to the people who have raised me to be who I am today. Thanks :) I love you both and miss you much more than words can describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment